What Type Of Remote Worker Are You?
What’s your remote work ethic?
Ever since the outbreak of the pandemic, more people than ever are working remotely. The entryway to remote working is wide, making room for just about every type of person and his own preferable workflow. Whether you’re looking to make a little extra cash on the side of your in-office career or you want to never step foot in an office again, remote working is your solution.
While you may have a handle on what kind of worker you are at the office, do you know what kind of remote worker you are?
Take our quiz to find out!
Q1. You wake up in the morning and the first thing you do
- Steal a few more minutes of sleep.
- Look at your schedule to see what’s in store for you as the day progresses on.
- Send out a flurry of texts to your co-workers reminding them of their daily deadlines.
- Get up and get out of bed- there is work to be done and it’s not going to be done by itself.
Q2. You’re faced with an unexpected power-cut halfway through a meeting you
- Wait for electricity to come back – there’s nothing to be done.
- Immediately send out feelers for a back-up meeting when electricity is back.
- Get right back on to meeting with your mobile data.
- Take this as an opportunity to meet another deadline that doesn’t require electricity.
Q3. There’s an opportunity to have an online ice breaker, you
- Show up for the ice breaker.
- Write it up in your planner- along with your outfit for the day, points to go over and one nice anecdote to share.
- Have a list of virtual ice breaker games ready from previous virtual ice breakers.
- Worry about how to block out time for an ice breaker in your already hectic daily plan.
Q4. Your work day extends a little longer than you want it to, you
- Take it in your stride, work spillovers are normal.
- Frantically try to see how this affects your schedule for the day.
- Use this time to squeeze in some meaningful brand building as well.
- Make it work by attending to your work while meeting your task list simultaneously.
Q5. You got 30 minutes of break time, what are you doing
- Looking at some exciting and dynamic developments in your area of interest.
- Taking time to arrange and re-arrange your calendar for the day.
- Reach out to friends and family to see how they’re doing.
- Use it to get ahead on the next task on your to-do list
Q6. What does your typical lunch break look like
- Eating a quick lunch and trying to get some in-house siesta time.
- Watching my daily lunch-time up-skilling seminar.
- Eat your meal, its lunchtime after all.
- Lunch is quick to make time for an additional task.
Q7. The perfect workday fuel
Mostly ‘1’s: Go With The Flow – You’re a remote worker that’s unfazed by the remote experience. You’ve quickly adjusted to your new office and are using it to the best of its abilities. We love the way you embrace change.
Mostly ‘2’s: The Scheduler – Your working from home hack is to plan and follow a strict schedule. This has many perks and allows you the most productive work environment possible. We salute you and your commitment to your work.
Mostly ‘3’s: Naturally Remote – You’re a natural adapter and remote worker. Be it your ability to make the most of an opportunity or your networking capacity- working remotely is your calling and you’re thriving. Maybe it’s time to switch your schedule permanently remote.
Mostly ‘4’s: The Juggler – Working remotely has opened up more opportunities to grow than you realise. Either with your domestic load or new professional deadlines, you’re leaving no stone unturned to translate your passion to production. We love the drive.